Makita has announced several new XGT 40V cordless power tools for May and they include 2 new metal cutting saws. They are a 40V deep cut portable band saw GBP01 and a 40V 7-1/4″ metal cutting circular saw GSC01, both models being brushless of course.
Disclosure: This is not a review, this is tool news. Tool Craze cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information/specifications/features of any tool listed in this article. Manufacturer marketing claims may not always meet expectations. Tool Craze is not responsible if products do not live up to claimed expectations. Please do your full research before buying any products. Tool Craze is an Amazon Associate, and also an affiliate with the Home Depot, Acme Tools, Ohio Power Tool, Tool Nut, Lowe’s, Ebay, and Walmart and places affiliate links to these retailers. If you purchase something through a link on the Tool Craze site, Tool Craze may get a share of the sale.
40V max XGT® Brushless Deep Cut Portable Band Saw (GBP01)
This is Makita’s latest cordless deep cut band saw and it offers some serious specs starting out with a Makita built brushless variable speed motor that allows up to 5″x5″ inch cut capacity for thick pipes and Makita says their new 40V model is twice as fast as their 18V XBP02 model! Being a 40V XGT power tool means it only requires one battery to operate which means less batteries to fiddle with than their X2 tools and a single battery bay versus a dual battery bay cuts down on tool bulk making for a bit less bulky cordless power tool than X2.
Other features include a soft start and electric brake, an LED light to help with low light, integrated blade tracking dial to keep the blade from wandering, die cast aluminum gear and blade housing for rugged durability, fold out hook to hang the tool when not in use, and anti-restart protection in case the trigger is pressed when you insert a battery so you don’t hurt yourself or damage property.
- 5″ x 5″ cutting capacity; ideal for cutting multiple types of materials
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers faster cutting with variable speed 0-630 ft./min.
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Blade tracking dial provides quick and easy adjustability for increased cutting performance
- Variable speed dial and trigger enables user to match the speed to the application
- Die-cast aluminum gear and blade housing for durability
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Adjustable stopper plate provides material support and allows flush-to-surface cutting
- “Tool-less” blade change lever for fast installation and removal of blade
- On-board wrench storage for quick and easy stopper plate adjustment
40V max XGT® Brushless 7-1/4″ Metal Cutting Saw, with Electric Brake and Chip Collector (GSC01)
Prior to this model, if you wanted a cordless Makita metal cutting saw, your choices included the 18V LXT 5-7/8″ metal cutting saw XSC02Z model or the X2 36V 14″ cut off saw XWL01Z model. While the larger cut off saw offered a larger cut capacity, it was a table top tool where you had to bring the material to the tool not the tool to the material, the 18V model was indeed more portable but had a smaller blade. Now you can have a truly portable model with a larger blade with the XGT 40V model which offers a regular sized 7-1/4″ metal cutting blade. Why not use a standard wood cutting circular saw and just attach a metal cutting blade on it you ask? That’s because a metal cutting circular saw is built from the ground up for the heavier demand of cutting metal including the torque needed to do so and beefed up blade guard to make sure they don’t spit sharp metal shards at you. As you can see, the upper blade guard fully encloses the upper blade section.
Makita says their XGT 40V metal cutting saw has up to two times faster cutting performance than their comparable corded model 4131 so a win for cordless plus they also say you get enough runtime with a 40V 4ah battery to make up to 160 cuts per charge! Other features include a large 2-5/8″ cut capacity thanks to a strong brushless motor and an electric brake to stop the blade quickly. An LED light helps with low light and also has preglow and afterglow to illuminate the cutting area before and after the cut area. Onboard storage is available for it’s included hex wrench for blade swaps. An additional safety feature includes a trigger switch with two stage lock-off to make sure you really want to make a cut, and also for safety of course so you don’t cut yourself.
- Large 2-5/8″ cutting capacity in various metal materials including pipe, stud, channel, strut, conduit, angle, square tubing, sheet metal, and more
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 160 cuts per charge in 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2′ x 1/4″ steel angle using a 40V max XGT® 4.0Ah Battery (battery not included)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- L.E.D. light with preglow and afterglow illuminates the work area
- On-board hex wrench for convenience
- Battery side-loads providing a more compact design at only 13-3/4″ long for easier use in constrained spaces
- Trigger switch with two stage lock-off requires two actions to power the saw
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
Tool Craze does not sell this product or any product on the Tool Craze website. Tool Craze does not handle the sale of any item in any way. Tool Craze is an OhioPowerTool affiliate and an Amazon Associate and places affiliate links including those from other retailers Tool Craze is an affiliate partner with. If you purchase something through a link on the Tool Craze site, Tool Craze may get a share of the sale. Please refer to the About section for more info. Tool Craze cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information/specifications/features of any tool listed in this article. Please do your full research before buying any products.
The post 2 New Makita 40V XGT Metal Cutting Saws GBP01 & GSC01 appeared first on Tool Craze.